Technical Services & Resources
Use This Self-Service Menu To Find The Resources You Need
New to Microchip, or just want to learn more about the technical resources we offer? Explore applications to help diagnose issues and learn how to use the Microchip Support System to help get answers quickly
Find Videos, Tutorials, Self-Paced Training, and More
Hundreds Of Online Videos
More Services At Your Fingertips
Have Your Design Reviewed By Microchip Experts
Design Check supports your design flow by providing guidance through the complete cycle, from initial schematic capture to PCB layout. Submit your design schematic, PCB layout and PCB routing information to a confidential and secure environment, where they are analyzed by Microchip engineers who will then provide you with personalized feedback.
Troubleshoot Your Development Tool
Having trouble with your Microchip Development Tools? Step through our troubleshooting guide, or set up a return.
Leverage Our 3rd Party Design Partners
Microchip’s worldwide Design Partner Ecosystem features partners in all areas of expertise. Let our Design Partners take your project to the next level.
Technical Support FAQs
To be able to submit a technical support case in Microchip’s technical support system, you will need to have an active myMicrochip account.
New to myMicrochip? Click <a href=”https://www.microchip.com/wwwregister/RegisterStep1.aspx”>Register for an account</a> to sign up.
Supported web browsers
We support the following browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge. We recommend downloading the newest version of your preferred browser for the best experience.
Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer supported.
How to create a new case
Follow the steps below to create a technical support case:
Step 1: Open your preferred browser, navigate to http://www.microchip.com/support
Step 2: We might have answers to your problems already archived somewhere. Before creating a new case, please search our website:
Step 3: If you cannot find an answer, please click “Log In” button. You will be redirected to microchip.com to verify your username and password:
Step 4: After you Sign In, you will be directed back to our support site. Please click the “My Cases” menu item:
Step 5: On “My Cases” page, click the “New Case” button:
Step 6: Let us know the how we can help by providing case reason, then click the “Next” button.
Step 7: Enter the Subject by summarizing your issue with a sentence and provide the Target Device that is related to your issue. While you are inputting this information, our search engine is working for you to provide the related article list to you. Don’t forget to check on these articles to see.
Step 8: If none of the articles solves your issue, please provide a detailed issue description.
Step 9: Let us know which stage your project is at and how urgent it is to you. This will help us prioritize your case. Click “Submit” to finish case creation.
Step 10: Your case is accepted! If you have no more info to provide to us, click “Skip”. Otherwise, you can upload your files, then click “Done” to attach them to your case.
In the past, to communicate on your cases, you had to log in to Microchip Technical Support portal and add a comment from your case page. You received email notifications on case updates but could not reply to those directly through an email client.
To ensure easier communication, we are introducing, “Email to Case Reply” feature. You can now reply directly to email notifications. Your email replies will automatically be added as case comments. Additionally, any attachments in the email will reflect on the attachment section of the case page. As an email reply needs to go through an email forwarding process, it may take up to ten minutes for your reply to be processed and added as case comments or attachments.
How Can I Reply via Email?
The email notification will contain instructions on how to respond to the case. It is important to follow these instructions. Email replies that do not comply with these instructions (for example, inline commenting) are not supported.
- The traditional way of adding case comments or attachments through the support portal will continue to work.
- You CANNOT create a new support case by sending an email. To create a new case, please log in to the support portal.
In Microchip’s Technical Support System, a Case Team is a group of people working together to resolve cases. It includes:
- Microchip Support Engineer who directly works on your case.
- Microchip internal team that helps to resolve the case.
- You, your coworker, your design partner, your supplier, and anyone you consider necessary to be included in your case’s communication. We call it an external Case Team.
Case Team can be viewed from two perspectives:
- Case Contact
You can add or remove team members at any time as needed while your case is open.
- Team member
How Case Teams works:
- The Case Contact needs to provide external Case Team member’s First Name, Last Name, and Email address.
- The support system sends an email to the named team member notifying them of being added to a Case Team. This notification includes a link allowing them to make a choice on whether to receive communications on the case or not.
- Alternatively, the team member can log in to support portal to turn on or off the notifications.
- If the team members do not take any action, they will NOT receive any communications on the case.
- Once the team member has turned on the notification on a case:
- Case communications will be sent via email to the team member. Email notification is the only way for team members to track the progress of the case. They cannot view or search for this case even after logging into the support portal.
- A team member can reply via email and their reply is added as a case comment to the case.
- Case communications are sent to all team members on the case, including:
- Case Owner (Microchip Support Engineer who works on the case),
- Case Contact
- Any team members who turned on the notifications on this case
- Microchip internal case team members.
- A team member can choose to opt out by turning off the notification on the case at any time. Once opted out, a team member will no longer receive further communication on the case.
- The Case Contact can invite or remove as many people to the external Case Team as needed.
- A team member is notified on removal from a Case Team. No further case communication is sent to the team member .
- The Case Team is notified when the case is closed.
Starting Apr 2019, you can add rich text comment to your cases created on Microchip Technical Support portal. You can perform the following operations with the rich text editor’s WYSIWYG interface.
- Format text as bold, italicized, underlined, or strike-through
- Create bullet and numbered lists
- Change paragraph indentation
- Insert a hyperlink, clicked hyperlinks open in a new browser window. HTTP, HTTPS and mailto hyperlinks are supported. The editor doesn’t validate hyperlinks to web pages.
- Insert an image (copying inline images from external sources and pasting them into the editor is not supported)
- Remove formatting
- You cannot edit HTML tags.
- When you copy content from a web page or another source and paste it into the editor, unsupported tags are removed. Text that was enclosed in unsupported tags is preserved as plain text. You are not notified when unsupported or potentially malicious HTML tags are removed.
You can add a co-worker as a team member by using the Case Team feature. For a step-by-step guide, please follow the instructions below.
- Sign in to the Microchip Technical Support portal.
- Locate your case in which you want to add a team member.
- Click on the “Team Members” tab.
- Click on the “Add/Remove” button
- A box will open and prompt you for your co-worker’s information, as seen below:
- Enter the required information in each field.
- Click “Submit”.
Need More Help?
Still Need Help? Submit A Technical Support Ticket
Accelerate your design by working directly with Microchip’s factory experts. Get direct access to Microchip’s virtual technical experts.